Almost all the Kodi Users have encountered a problem called “Failed To Install a Dependency Error” in Kodi. You may have seen this error when you try to install some addons like Covenant, Uranus, Exodus, Goodfellas, Bob, Elysium. There are only two reasons for this problem seen so far. The first one is that your Kodi is missing some of the dependencies for that addon or maybe cache data is creating problems.
This issue occurs mainly when the Kodi users update their Kodi. But some of the addons are not compatible with the upgraded version. The developer do need to work hard to upgrade their addons to work on the new version of Kodi.
Guide To Fix Failed To Install a Dependency Error in Kodi
- Open Kodi
- Go to File Manager.
- Click Profile Directory.
- Click Database.
- Select addon27.db.
- Right Click on it and delete it.
- This will fix the error, you now just need to restart your kodi.
Note: If this method doesn’t work, then it means that your kodi is missing some dependencies and this problem can be solved by installing the missing dependencies. Follow the below instructions to install the missing dependencies.
- Open Kodi 17 Krypton.
- From the home screen go to Settings/System.
- Then go to File Manager.
- Here you have to click on Add Source and click None.
- You have to replace None with ‘http://xunitytalk.me/xfinity‘. And then click on Done.
- Name it xFinity or whatever you want and then select OK.
- Now go back to your Home screen and then select System/Settings. From here you have to open Add-ons and then choose the option ‘Install From ZIP File’.
- Here you will find xFinity.
- And then click on XunityTalk_Repository.zip.
- Now you will get the notification saying xUnity Talk Repository is enabled.
- Go Back and Select Install from repository.
- Click on Modules
- Now you will see the list of missing dependencies, here you need to select the missing dependencies to solve this error.
- After installing the missing dependencies restart your kodi.
Using this method you can solve dependency error for all the addons. We have solved exodus failed to install dependency on kodi error using the above methods. If you find any difficulty in in solving dependency error, then share your problem with us in comments.