Kodi which was earlier known as XBMC is a software developed by XBMC/Kodi Foundation. This non-profit technology consortium designed Kodi as a free as well as an open-source media player software application. The software has been designed in a way so that it remains available for different OS as well as hardware platforms. It also allows the users to operate and see most streaming media, like music, videos, videos and podcasts from the internet. Today in this guide you will find a way to install kodi on PS4, and PS3.
The software was built as an autonomously generated homebrew media player application named Xbox Media Center for the Ist-generation Xbox game console but it was later that it was made plausible under XBMC as a primary application for Android, BSD, Linux, iOS/TVOS, macOS and Microsoft Windows-based operating systems.
Now, coming to the part where we will entertain you with the steps on installing Kodi on PS4 as well as on PS3. Every one of you has played games on a play station and are clearly aware of what it is. All those who are not aware of this device, we would like to tell them that it is the best gaming consoles in the world.
Play station is very modern kind console and it is much beneficial than Wii and Xbox. The users of PS4 and PS3 have validated that live streaming with audio as well as the video file can be used on the same console. The Kodi software on PS4 is a very vast media streaming device and can help in playing any media provided to it.
There are many users who have used the Kodi application on Firestick, Chromecast, and on Roku too. But the process to be discussed on the Download and Install of App on PS4 and PS3 is just not great but quite easy too. Also, check out the guide to install kodi on smart TV.
Download and Install Kodi on PS4 and PS3
In this paragraph, our concentration shall rest on the method that will cover up the download and installation process for Kodi on PS4 and PS3. Although, the developers have tried to get the PS4 version of the app but have failed in doing so, therefore, we have come up with another option for the meantime.
The best option for Kodi on PS4 & PS3 is Plex and is also available for many other platforms, such as Xbox, Windows, iOS, Roku, and others. To provide the proper steps on installation of Plex in the place of Kodi PS3, you are requested to follow here –
- The very first thing that you need to do here is, start the PS4 or PS3 console. Post starting it, open the PlayStation Store.
- On the homepage of the following store, you need to find out the option marked as “App”. Thereafter, clicking on that option is needed so as to enter the apps.
- Now, here find the “Popular” tab and tap on it.
- Thereafter, scroll down till you are able to find the icon of Plex app.
- Post finding the icon, click on the option that says “Download” and then you are required to wait for few minutes.
- Once the process of installation is completed, all you needed to do is click on the button, “Start”.
- Doing so will open the app and then you will be able to see the Plex getting opened from the TV and Video tab.
- If you are a new user to this app, therefore, after opening the app, it is necessary that you make or create your account and to do so, you have to click on the tab that says – Plex account.
- Once you have created your account on the Play Station console, sign in there with the help of your Plex account.
- The app of Plex will now display a Code with the help of which, you will be able to navigate or go to the Official web address of Plex.
- There, you need to sign in and wait for few minutes.
- Post signing-in there, a message carrying the link to download the app will come on the home screen. There you will also see an error message stating this – “Unable to Play Media Error”.
- Now, you will have to visit the Play Store present in your smart phone. There search for and then install the application for Plex.
- Thereafter, it will become necessary for you to connect your Android device and PlayStation with the same network.
- Signing into the Plex account is necessary now on your Android smartphone.
- To execute further, you will be asked to change some of your device settings.
- Now, to do the same, you will have to go to the settings options in your system and then enable Network discovery, display the camera roll and then Advertise as a server.
- Finally, the application of Plex will be able to run on both devices instead of Kodi PS3.
Now, you can play the files from your device storage to both, kodi for PS4 and PS3.
Note: Try to attach both machines to the corresponding network connection. Plex has some impressive characteristics like Kodi and we have presented them here.
Some Impressive Features of Plex
- The best feature here is the sharing of the content from media to your friends or anyone in the family. Thus, they can also get an access to your media files.
- Plex app to has “My program” part. Where you can start any third party App such as a game which also has an inbuilt emulator.
- The Library can get knowledge or data of the entire content from the net. Such as file description, poster etc. It executes the same that from scrapers like TheTVDB, IMDb, and TheMovieDB.
This means that the installation of Kodi isn’t possible because it is not yet accessible or available in the market but other choices of the same kind are surely available which can give the genuine service to the console of Play Station. To know the steps on installing Kodi on PS4 & PS3 in future, stay tuned with us.