As we all know Kodi 18 Leia has been introduced and we all want to install it on firestick. So below we’ve explained a guide that will help you to install kodi 18 leia on firestick.
Install Kodi on Firestick: Today with this informative article, we are going to put some white light on our today’s topic – How to Install Kodi on Firestick? But before get started with it, we need to understand like what is Kodi. When defining in the simplest language, Kodi is a device that will get the user to access to all kind of video related content. The device can be used with any electronic device like a PC or a laptop. Also, streaming sticks such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick can be used to run it.
What is Amazon Fire TV?
Amazon Fire TV is a device which helps you to stream videos on TV using the online sources. It takes content from the third party sites like Youtube, Netflix or other online streaming sites and displays it on your TV. Amazon Fire TV comes in two variants, respectively called Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick. They both are similar but they have got some differences. Below we’re discussing some differences and proper method to install kodi on firestick so check them out.
If you want to install kodi on roku then you need to jailbreak roku. Because it is impossible to install kodi on roku without jailbreak.
Difference Between Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick Kodi
There is a difference of $60 between amazon fire TV($99) and amazon firestick($39). Maybe you all wanted to know the difference between them. There are some aspects which differ them. Below are some of the basic differences.
- Fire TV Box supports both 1080P and 4K ultra HD resolutions, but on the other hand, firestick only supports 1080P HD. Also install kodi on smart TV.
- Firestick is a small thing like your flash drive or a car key. You just have to insert it into the HDMI port of your smart television. As the firestick is plugged into the TV, then no one can see that you’ve inserted kodi amazon fire tv stick. Isn’t it nice? On the other hand, we’ve got amazon fire tv box that is old fashioned DVD player. This thing looks like old fashioned but it has got some decent features. When you open the box you will get one adapter for powering your device and one HDMI cable that connects Fire TV with your television.
- Fire TV has got an ethernet option as it helps you to use any wired connections whereas firestick uses only wifi connection.
- Firebox has got more memory and fast processing speed while firestick has got less memory and it lags a lot. Nobody wants to get interrupted while getting entertained. Firebox doesn’t lag and it entertains you without any error.
- There is not any difference in software of both. They both have got almost same user interface. But both device have different configurations and features as we’ve discussed above.
Also install Ares Wizard Kodi.
Install Kodi 18 Leia On Firestick using ES File Explorer
This one is the easiest way to get Kodi 18 on Firestick. In order to use this method, you will have to follow these steps-
- Insert the Amazon Fire TV stick in the TV and the USB power cable into the spare USB port. Alternatively, you can also use a power adapter.
- Now, search for the “Apps from unknown sources” in the Developer options and turn it ON. Further, Click on the YES button given in the pop-up box.
- Now, return to the home screen and get the ES file explorer app installed which can be found in the section of Popular Fire TV apps.
- Open the ES File Explorer, click on the favorite and then on Add. Here, submit this http://kodi.tv/download. Post submitting hit the Next button and entered text will disappear. But this is not a case o worry. Now, type the word- Kodi in the next coming or available box. Now hit the Next button again and select Add.
- Now, you will be required to open the newly created Kodi link which can be seen in the left-hand panel.
- Post this, the Kodi app should be searched for and the ARM version should be selected.
- Now, move to the 3 dots which is at the bottom right of the screen and then choose “Open in new Browser“.
- ES File Explorer will then download the latest version of the app for the stick. This will take some of you time which means that you are required to stay patient.
- Once the Kodi app gets downloaded, you will have to choose the Open File option and then you will have to select the Install option. This will make a dialog box to appear along with the app permission. Press on the remote till the choices at the bottom highlight, and finally choose Install again.
- This means that you have successfully installed the Kodi to your amazon Fire TV Stick.
Install Kodi on Firestick| Amazon Fire stick Kodi
Now, let’s get to the main part, i.e., How to install Kodi on Firestick of Amazon? There are three ways that we are going to discuss today. You can use any of the ways as per your choice, demand or suitability.
Also See- How To install kodi on firestick by using ADBlink
The first method that we will talk about will be ADB Debugging which works on every stick of Amazon Fire TV.
The most important thing that you need to note about this method is that it will work once you download the APK file of Kodi on your laptop and install the same on the firestick with the help of ADB (Android Debug Bridge). To know how? Just follow the given below steps-
- Place the Firestick in TV and head on to settings then system and then finally to the Developer Options.
- Now, turn ON these applications via ADB Debugging and unknown sources.
- Now, get the Firestick’s IP Address from the Network option in the About section found in the System option held in the settings menu.
- Get the APK file of Android ARM from your laptop.
- Then get the adbLink. Open it and press on New option.
- Save it after you have named your Firestick and entered the IP Address.
- Go the Connect option, press it and you will see that the entered IP Address will start reflecting in the list of connected devices.
- Now install the APK file and once the installation is completed, you will be asked to press the OK button.
- Once done, Kodi will get installed and will be ready for use on your Amazon Firestick.
Also, Learn How to install Kodi Genesis.
Install Kodi Firestick using Apps2Fire| Kodi on Amazon Fire TV
The second way includes the installation of the Apps2Fire application. This app can be downloaded from the play store of your mobile device.
This application will send the packages of android to the amazon firestick from your phone which will trigger the ADB command-line tools so that they get installed automatically. Follow these steps if you wish to install Kodi via Apps2Fire on an Amazon Fire TV Stick-
- Get Apps2Fire application installed on your phone first.
- Go to the Developer options found in the System of Settings menu and place a kodi firestick on your TV.
- From ADB Debugging and Unknown Sources, switch on both the applications.
- Now make a note of the IP Address for your Fire TV stick by getting into settings menu and then to about section and finally to the Network option.
- Now, you will have to install Kodi on your mobile device.
- Save the entered IP Address in the setup section which will only be opened after the installed Apps2Fire is opened.
- Now, in this app, tap on the upload apps option which can be found in the menu of the application.
- Finally, select Kodi 17 krypton and get it installed so that you can start using it.
Learn How to install Kodi on Roku.
So you’ve installed kodi on firestick. Here i am providing links to some great kodi addons that takes your entertainment to the next level. We also have got a very good collection of best live tv kodi addons, may be you should check out to get entertained in proper way.
We hope that all the three ways that have been discussed here will help you in getting the Kodi installed on Firestick. For any other issue regarding the same, Suit yourself to the comment box. We will reach you in no time.