In the simplest language explained, Roku is just a set-top box that helps in streaming videos and playing music on your TV. Further, Kodi is an open source and free media player. This software application helps the user by allowing him or her to play and view many streaming media like music, videos, and podcasts from the internet. Today, we will be explaining you with the ways where you will be able to use Kodi application software on Roku. The reason why are we unleashing this useful information on “How to Install Kodi on Roku?” is that we came across many instances where people weren’t able to get Kodi on Roku. Therefore, we thought of putting this piece of info in the form of an article.
Why is it Difficult to install Kodi on Roku?
Now that we have made you aware of the use of both, roku and kodi, therefore, it’s the point where we should inform you about the installation of kodi on roku. This is not as simple as it looks. The reason is that Kodi isn’t compatible with Roku. This means that there is no official way to use kodi for roku. Now, to make sure that the same gets installed we have compiled the whole information into an informative article. You can also install kodi on your smart TVs like Samsung and LG. You can also watch live tv on kodi using kodi live tv addon.
The big question, how to install kodi on roku? has been satisfactorily answered here. As mentioned earlier that the installation can’t be done officially but there are other ways with which you can do it. Moreover, with different ways, you can have many other movie applications on Roku do that you can watch free movies and also get to install exodus on Roku stick. Check out the guide to install genesis on kodi.
Also Learn to install kodi on firestick.
Guide to Install Kodi on Roku? (JailBreak Roku)
In order to get Kodi on Roku, there is a need that you get the mirror feature. Most importantly, for the same, you must have an Android phone or at least a windows PC. It is quite easy that Kodi gets installed on Roku and still play it on an android device or on a personal computer. We’ve got a solution to install ares wizard on kodi. Now if you are the one who is looking forward to getting Kodi on Roku you need to pay heed to the following steps-
- Hit or press on the home button of the device.
- Now, move towards the system update which can be found in the settings menu. This way you can check the latest build software. For this purpose, it is necessary that you have at least version 5.2 software.
- Now, update the Roku software to the latest version.
- Post updating, head towards the home screen again and then to the settings menu. From this menu, you need to select the Screen Mirroring.
- To get the Kodi on Roku streaming stick 4, you are required to enable this screen mirroring.
- Post choosing this, click on the OK button. This act will get your Kodi on Roku.
If you find this difficult to jailbreak roku. Then, here we’ve another easy guide on “How to Jailbreak Roku?“. You can check this guide and you will get to know the easiest method of roku jailbreak.
Actually there is no way to do jailbreak roku. And there is also no direct method to install kodi on roku. This guide is based on some indirect methods and if you still want to install kodi on roku, then forget it.
How to get Mirroring for Windows PC to get Roku?
In order to achieve this, you must make sure that the windows that you have must be 8.1 or higher. Therefore, to get this, below given steps must be followed-
- Click on the window button or hit on the start up in order to open the Start Menu.
- Find the way to reach to the settings menus of the device and then search for the search box or head to the search box.
- The following screen that will appear, click on the ‘Add Device’ option.
- Now a list will open which will start reflecting the Roku device, select or choose it.
- This will turn the screen of your Roku device into purple.
- This will get your PC mirrored with Roku. Now that Kodi is compatible with the Windows operating system, therefore, this will allow you to run Kodi on your computer and the same will also get displayed on the Roku device as well.
How to mirror Kodi Roku on your Android device?
In order to start this, you need to make sure that your android of the device must be at least 4.4.2 or higher. This can be checked from the about section which is given in the settings menu of your smartphone. Moreover, before you get started to use Kodi on Roku, you need to make sure that your android phones are connected to the Roku device. This means that both of your devices should be connected to the same network. If you wish to check to which network your Roku device is connected, you can do so easily by following the given below steps-
- Get started with the settings menu on your Roku device.
- Now head towards the network section in order to view the details of the network.
- Post ensuring the network, the mirroring procedure can now be started by following these steps-
- In your smart phone, get started with the settings menu.
- Now select the display option from the settings menu.
- Further, hit on the Cast Screen/mirroring option.
- In this option, it is necessary that you look for other options as well on the Cast Screen. Different kinds of Android devices have various kinds of layouts. Moving ahead, find the checkbox that has been as “Enable Wireless Display”. Finally, check it.
- Now, you will be able to find the Roku device in the Cast Screen.
We've got some great kodi add-ons for you. You can install them on kodi. Some of them are mentioned below.
This completes the entire process and now post following all the steps you can start the mirroring of your android device’s screen onto the Roku device. Even if it is not possible for you to get the installation done by Kodi on Roku stick or any other Roku device, there are chances that you can enjoy the same on Roku. The reason for this is that Kodi can be allowed to be played on the android device. We hope that we have reached the point where you find the information shared in this article quite useful and are also able to use this information to use Kodi for Roku.
I recommend you to use a VPN for security reasons. Especially when you're using kodi in US, UK etc. Then you want to install some addons and builds that are not available in your country, VPN let's you to use all the addons without any risk.